Monday, January 2, 2012

Tool #3 Finding Online Video and Image Resources




The two videos above are great for demonstrating the function of your vocal folds while singing and basic singing technique.  I would actually use these in my choir class.

Regarding copyright and fair use, I am very familiar with these terms and their meanings being a music teacher and having them drilled into my head for many years.  Probably the most often heard advice for music teachers is to not copy music or to only copy until original music is in hand, after which a teacher must destroy and copies.  We also hear about not posting videos of our students performing to youtube.com or other such sites as this breaks Fair Use laws since the composers of performed works cannot profit from these performances on public sites.

I kept getting messages about Picasa being unsafe for my computer so I used Flickr.  I hope that is ok.  I have uploaded personal photos to Flickr before and have also used their free photos.  It's a fantastic resource for free photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment